What Does It Cover?
One of every three new managers fails in the first 18 months. Getting off on the right foot is critical – but you can't leave new managers to figure it out on their own. They need a clear roadmap, with guidelines to help them along the way.
This module outlines five Golden Rules for new managers (and veterans, too).
In this module:
- Why 35% of new managers fail in the first 18 months – and how to buck that trend
- Develop the "management attitude" with the 5 golden rules for new managers
- What does a manager do? Why you need to ask yourself that question every day
- 10 managerial tasks every new supervisor should be prepared to do
- The delicate balance between being a dictator and being everybody’s buddy