What Does It Cover?
Which would you rather do: cut your department budget by 15% or tell an employee he or she needs to address an odor problem? The second choice represents just one type of tough talk managers avoid like the plague.
This module lays out proven ways to handle these difficult conversations in a way that leave both the manager and employee happy with the result.
In this module:
- 7 dos and don'ts to help control the conversation
- 5-part conversation method to keep things on track – and away from disaster
- Why shutting up during conversations is often better than talking
- Specific ways to soften the blow – and get the message through with clarity
- How to steer clear of emotional blow-ups
- Confidential or "on-the-record": The only rule of thumb for managers